Ohio Tub to Walk-in Shower Conversions
Most seniors don’t need a costly bathroom remodel to replace their existing tub with an accessible walk in shower.
NE Ohio seniors who’ve delayed a bathroom remodel to replace their existing tub with an accessible step / walk in shower because of the expense now have a low cost option. Whether disabled by a handicap, arthritis or just the nuances of aging in place, our patented tub to shower conversion process can provide safe step-in access mobility to the shower already in most of the bathtubs of our elderly Ohioans.
Rather than replace or change out the current bathtub for a shower stall, we cut an opening into the side of the existing tub transforming it into an accessible walk-in shower. Whether the tub is cast iron ("porcelain") or fiberglass, our tubcut process reduces the tub’s entry step to about 5-7 inches high, producing safe handicap access. Once the cut out is removed, the opening is then capped with a custom fitted acrylic insert for safe and easy step in accessibility. And since we leave a 2-3 inch lip on the inside wall of the tub, water from the shower's spray is easily contained inside when the walk-in opening is covered with a shower curtain liner. (For more details click on: Tub to Walk-in Shower Conversion Process.)
Because we utilize your existing bathtub using a tub cut, our walk-in shower conversion minimizes the cost of materials and labor generally incurred by a traditional bathtub to shower tear-out, replacement or remodel. These cost savings have NE Ohio seniors realizing 80-90% savings over the cost that national remodelers such as Bath Fitter® might charge. For more information on our costs, go to our tab: Cost of Tub to Shower Conversion. To learn about our inserts with a door (which retain the tub’s bathing functionality), see: Walk thru Bathtubs.
Advantages of our Tub to Walk-in / Step in Shower Conversion
- Converting your bathtub into a step/ walk in elderly shower can save you 80-90% on remodeling costs. For more info: Cost of Tub to Shower Conversion.
- Resulting step-in conversion heights are 5-7 inches high. To learn how high your step in will be, click on: How High Will My Step in Be?
- Transforming your existing tub to an accessible shower is accomplished in one day, minimizing your inconvenience; moreover, we leave your bathroom as clean as (or cleaner) than we found it.
- Showering for those with a handicap or disability such as Parkinson’s and MS can be more accessible when using our insert with a transfer bench. Click on: Photo Gallery
- Changing most bathtubs, including cast conversions is possible. (For more details, click on: Can You Convert Cast Iron Bathtubs?)
- Reversing a walk in disability shower back to a bathing tub is possible on most steel and cast iron tubs. See FAQ’s: Is a Tub to Shower Conversion Process Reversible?
- Providing safer showering for aging in place seniors yields peace of mind for their caregivers and loved ones.
- Subcontracting? No way! You deal with the owner throughout the entire process, avoiding those "he said / she said" situations.
- Our step in / walk-thru installations carry a five year guarantee on insert and one year on labor (ask for details).
- We guarantee the highest quality tub to shower conversion installation for the lowest cost (check us out on Angie’s List™ or ask for details).
NE Ohio Tub to Shower & Walk Thru Bathtub Conversion Service Area
Call today for a free quote and discover why NE Ohio seniors from Toledo to Erie, PA including the surrounding communities of Akron, Cleveland, Elyria, Lorain and Youngstown are choosing our conversion services for their affordable step / walk-in showers and bathtubs.
Call Jim at 440-667-TUBS (8827).
Visitor #: 29981